Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Procrastination is Good

Now, that sounds a little strange for a blog like this one. I also thought it to be an ambiguity when I first came across the statement but I just needed to understand that procrastination works when it is directed to the right thing.

I learned that study has shown that out of all the things that we need to do, only 15% of those are important and urgent. The other 85% are not really that important or urgent. It therefore follows that we should do all we need to, in order to put off the 85% - that is procrastination. We must concentrate on getting the 15% done before we can turn any attention to the 85%.

Additionally, when we have the 15% clearly outlined, I have also come to learn to deal with those that I have fear of doing. This approach is most effective because it makes everything else so easy.

In learning this, don't we all procrastinate?

No comments: